The Idaho Bird Records Committee
The IBRC’s purpose is to increase the knowledge and understanding of the birds of Idaho, by providing an officially validated and accurate data source of bird distribution and patterns of avian vagrancy in Idaho.
Committee functions include:
- Evaluate reports of rare or unusual bird sightings in Idaho.
- Permanently maintain, for future reference, all original submitted bird reports and subsequent Committee comments and votes.
- Establish standards of observation and reporting that will increase knowledge of birds found in Idaho.
- Provide a means by which sight reports can gain universal acceptance as valuable scientific data.
- Publish and maintain an official Checklist of Idaho Birds and an official List of Idaho Review Species.
Checklist of Idaho Birds:
IBRC Rare Bird Reports
Search Rare Bird Reports and view the documentation for records evaluated by the Idaho Bird Records Committee.
Sturts Idaho Bird Records Database
Comprehensive Idaho bird sightings database. Includes reports and distributional records that formed the basis of the book, Idaho Bird Distribution, by Stephens and Sturts (1998), historical records from Birds of Idaho by Burleigh (1972), various publications and surveys, museum collections, and many other sources of sightings and records in the state.
Chuck Trost, Pocatello, ID
Shirley Sturts, Coeur d’Alene email
Jay Carlisle, Boise
Darren Clark, Rexburg
Carl Lundblad, Moscow
Dave Trochlell, LaGrande, OR
Cliff Weisse, Island Park
Doug Ward, Coeur d’Alene
Lisa Hardy, Kellogg
Jonathan Isacoff, Spokane, WA
Steve Butterworth, Idaho Falls
Heidi Ware-Carlisle, Boise